1. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, inerrant in the originals and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only savior of men. Men are saved through genuine repentance and personal faith in Him.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict, teach, guide, and enable Christians to live godly lives.
6. We believe that the Church is composed of all believers in Jesus Christ. He is the Head and the source of its life.
7. We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ. This is the hope of the Church and its encouragement for ministry.
8. We believe that those who are saved by faith in Christ will live with the Lord forever.
9. We believe that the Lord’s Supper was instituted by Christ on the night of his betrayal and is to be observed by his Church until he returns.
10. We believe that water baptism symbolizes the experience of regeneration and union with Jesus Christ.
The Dewey Community church exists to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ in Northern Champaign and Southern Ford Counties, and throughout the world, by being a creative, evangelical, community of believers.